Former GNU/Linux System Administrator, now SRE. Debian enthusiast. I like to be always in touch with new technologies and experiment on new stuff. In the meantime I grow activities such music playing and no-profit.
SRE Team Leader
Dec 2020 - Present
- Responsible for a team of 10+ personnel (System Administrators, DevOps, System Developers).
- Partecipate in Product and Software Development decision meetings to ensure the requirements from all parts are understandable and achievable. Define infrastructures for new products and services. Coach team members to plan highly-available and resilient web (and sometimes non-web) architectures.
- Help setup of new integrated provisioning and configuration management framweork based on Terraform and Ansible (migration from Saltstack) to easily deploy and reproduce environments and products.
- Manage live migration of services between old and new DC with minimum or null service disruption.
Head of Application Infrastructure
Nov 2019 - Dec 2020
- Lead a team of 4 personnel (Jr/Sr System Administrators). Mentored and guided new employees to ensure all were aligned on product knowledge and procedures.
- Defining and promoting deployment best practices for developers and system administrator.
- Design and build scalable and higly-available infrastructures to host the internal web products. Setup monitoring probes to track software and systems behavior and improve troubleshooting.
- Write and deploy small applications for automation and service management. Setup a review-app environment based on GitLab and HashiCorp Nomad for rapid application testing and prototyping.
- Promote and encourage use of FOSS whenever possible.
Sr. System Administrator
Feb 2016 - Nov 2019
- Setup the SaltStack codebase for 1000+ hosts management, both virtual and physical, mostly adapting existing configuration for live services.
- Managing the availability and reliability of the largest Italian Real Estate website, including network appliances and databases.
- Planning and implementing new architectures to host the in-house built software.
- Strong collaboration with the internal Software Development team to ship new products and features daily in a reliable environment.
- map[New LuxuryEstate US POS:planning and setup of new US POS for one of the biggest luxury real estate portal. The infrastructure has been redesigned and optimized to leverage the physical to cloud advantages. Geographical sync and replication of main services.]
- On-call rotation, migrating all monitored services from Nagios to Zabbix.
- Percona SQL Server
Trust Italia SpA
Sr. System Administrator
Aug 2015 - Feb 2016
- Upgrading, securing and automating the deploy of the whole IT infrastructure (Debian, RedHat)
- PBX and network appliances management (FreePBX, Cisco Catalyst, Fortigate)
- MPKI/HSM management.
- Setup of HA infrastructures for internally built software (mainly web).
Venere.com (part of Expedia Inc)
Jr./Sr. System Administrator
Feb 2009 - Aug 2015
- Installation and configuration of several hundreds Ubuntu/Debian/RH hosts, physical and virtual.
- Defining provision and automation procedures, server customization and tailoring in order to comply with the software development model (SCRUM).
- Installation and management of HA systems in a web-oriented infrastructure (Apache, PHP, Tomcat).
- Monitoring of hundreds hosts/application in critical (24/7) production environment. Setup of alerting and reporting systems.
High school leaving qualification
Liceo Scientifico I. Vian, Bracciano
2000 - 2004
Classical and ancient studies (Liceo Classico)
- Hashicorp suite
- Double bass play
- Field recording
- Open Source
1D49 4BBD 7F8F 6F03 73B6 D13C 027A 5D71 1906 1099